- Droid X ready for some FroYo Loving from Verizon, their was a semi hidden post on Verizon website that was edited on the 10th on September that stated that it would be coming soon.
-HTC Desire AMOLED vs SLCD, Engadget did a extensive test of the two and heres what they came up with
-- SLCD had better blacks
-- SLCD had cleaner lines
-- AMOLED had more vibrante colours
-- SLCD has a `warmer` tone to it
-- both where terrible outdoors
-- AMOLED has a better battery life
for more on this please click Here
- The Galaxy S (i9000) is said to be getting a FroYo update on September 22 or 23, according to sources in Europe.
- Verizon is said to be making it own Android app store called VCast, now I cant understand why Google is not getting mad at this, well they did also let BING be the main search engine on some of their phones.
The details about this new store are
• It's Free – No Testing Fees
• Carrier Billing – Your applications are billed directly to the Customer's Bill; No credit cards, PayPal, etc.
• 70/30 Revenue Share – 70% Developer / 30% Verizon
• Hands-on, Experienced Content Programming Team – Get the visibility you deserve, not just a quality-crushing algorithm!
BUT, it will only be available to Verizon devices running Android 2.2. That covers much of the Droid family—Incredible, Droid 1, Droid 2, and Droid X—but still leaves plenty of other Androids in the dust